Please click on the PEACH Jar link for bulletins, monthly calendars and other school related information.
Breakfast Starts at 7:10 and is over at 7:30. If you child is eating Breakfast please make sure you drop them off early enough.
The Late bell rings at 7:40.
Letter about upcoming state testing for Grades 3 thru 5.
Carolina Elementary School
719 West Carolina Ave.
Hartsville, South Carolina 29550
March 29, 2017
It’s almost that time of year where our students will take the spring state standardized assessments in the core subjects. Students have been demonstrating their knowledge of the South Carolina content standards throughout the year, and these assessments allow for another means for your son/daughter to showcase what he/she has learned. You play a vital role in helping our students perform their best, so we’d like to offer suggestions that promote success on testing days:
The nights before the tests:
- See to it that your child to gets full night’s rest.
- Maintain a normal routine.
- Offer words of encouragement and positive reinforcement.
- Plan ahead to prevent tardiness to school.
- Make sure your child understands that he/she is not to bring any electronic devices to the testing site.
The mornings of the test:
- Encourage your child to eat a nutritious breakfast.
- Make sure your child dresses comfortably and is prepared for changes in the temperature in the classroom.
- Get your son/daughter to school on time or even a few minutes earlier.
After each test:
- Encourage your child to continue to apply the test-taking strategies he/she has learned throughout the year.
- Offer additional words of positive reinforcement.
Please remember that it is important for your child to be present and on time daily for testing. Because the test is not timed and students are required to finish the test the day that it is administered, please avoid scheduling appointments or activities that would require your child to leave early. It is most beneficial for your child to test with his or her own classroom in a familiar environment. Your son/daughter is scheduled to take SC READY and/or SC PASS on the following dates:
ELA(Writing)-Tuesday, April 11th
Math - Wednesday, April 12th
Reading-Thursday, April 13th
ELA(Writing)-Tuesday, May 9th
Reading -Wednesday, May 10th
Math- Thursday, May 11th
Science-Tuesday, May 16th
Social Studies-Thursday, May 18th
Math- Tuesday, May 9th
ELA(Writing)-Wednesday, May 10th
Reading-Thursday, May 11th
Science-Tuesday, May 16th
Social Studies- Thursday, May 18th
Please contact the school’s Testing Coordinator, Christina Ewing, at (843) 857-3259 if you have questions.
Thank you for all you do to ensure the best possible education for your son/daughter,
District Testing Coordinator
Darlington County School District